Choosing the Right Place
Bay Breeze is a TruCare community which has served mentally disabled individuals for nearly 20 years in Long Beach and Orange County.
Our communities share a clear vision to provide superior service, excellent quality care and healthy living options.
Our resident-centered approach is the core of our philosophy and our staff is dedicated to making each resident comfortable, active and secure.
Our multidisciplinary staff recognizes and understands the biological, psychological and social aspects of the mentally disabled. Knowing that recovering from such illnesses can be a lifelong process, we assist the client in developing new attitudes that increase responsible behavior and help reduce crisis.
Our structured program provides residents with stability, group and individual activities, safety and support, while participating in a healing community that nourishes a sense of balance and meaning both in the world and in themselves.
Group outings, tours, food and activities are tailored to fit the various needs of our residents.
We provide long-term stay for:
- Adults between 18 to 59 years old
- Adults with a psychiatric diagnosis
- Adults free from medical problems requiring treatment in an acute setting
We are located 10 minutes from downtown Long Beach, the Long Beach Convention Center, and the Queen Mary.
COVID-19 Precautions & Protocols
Due to the recent changes in Health Department guidance and State of California mandates, indoor visitation shall be permitted only in accordance with State Public Health Order (Updated March 1, 2022):
- For indoor visits the visitors must be either fully vaccinated, OR show proof of a negative COVID-19 test. They do not have to show both and are not required to show proof of a booster.
- Visitors may participate in dining, activities, etc.
- For unvaccinated visitors using a test to visit, the test must be within one day of the visit for rapid antigen tests, or within two days of the visit for PCR tests.
- Unvaccinated visitors with a history of COVID-19 in the prior 90 days who are fully recovered, may show proof of this rather than a test.
- Unvaccinated visitors visiting on multiple consecutive days may test every third day.
- As always visitors must be screened for symptoms and we must document the screening and verification of test or vaccination.
- All visitors must continue to wear a mask while in the community
- End of life visits are exempt from this requirement.
Pursuant to the CDPH Guidance for Vaccine Records Guidelines & Standards, only the following modes may be used as proof of vaccination:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date of last dose administered; OR
- a photo of a Vaccination Record Card as a separate document, stored on a phone or electronic device; OR
- documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider; OR
- digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type.
In addition to these new requirements, all visitors, regardless of vaccination status or test result, must:
- Wear a well-fitting mask (a surgical mask or double masking is recommended) upon entry and at all times within the facility;
- Wear any other personal protective equipment (PPE) while in a resident’s room that facility personnel deem appropriate to the situation; and
- Physically distance from facility personnel and other residents/visitors that are not part of their group at all times while in the facility; and
- Be screened for elevated temperature and signs or symptoms of COVID-19 when they arrive and asked which resident they are visiting.
Please refer to the county website for the latest updates: Requirements for Visitors in Acute Health Care and Long-Term Care Settings. The CDC “healthcare” guidelines can be found here: Infection Control Recommendations.
Services & Amenities
Our caring staff dispenses and monitors medications and helps care for the resident’s individual daily living needs such as meals, laundry, housekeeping, transportation and personal hygiene.
Our full-time activity director also schedules and supervises a variety of activities and entertainment options throughout the month.
We can provide extra Supplemental Services to clients needing higher levels of care.
Weekly laundry services.
Individualized care plans.
24-hour supervision by alert and attentive staff.
Daily life enrichment activities.
Individual care assessment.
Care levels based on individual needs to promote resident health and safety.
Furnished rooms available (fees may apply).
Mission & Values
To consistently provide residents with superior service and excellent quality care that they can value and trust in a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
The Assisted Living Waiver Program
The Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) Program is a potential benefit offered through Medi-Cal. It is designed to make housing and health-related services affordable to those people who would be more appropriate for assisted living instead of nursing care. If you or someone you love is eligible for Medi-Cal, would benefit from an assisted living environment, but is unsure of how to pay for those services please contact us at (562) 432-8033 to receive more information about this program.
If you need assistance, please call us at (562) 432-8033.
Have a question or need to send us a message? Please use the form below and a representative will get back to you. If you need immediate assistance, please give us a call.
Oops! There was a problem.
Are you looking for current job openings?
Please take a moment and visit our job board.